Terms & Conditions
1. Passes (or wristbands on Adult breaks) must be carried at all times and shown when requested by Butlins personnel. Access to and from the resort and into certain venues will be denied if you are not in possession of a valid pass. There will be a charge for any replacement passes or wristbands issued.
2. Vehicles must be parked in allocated spaces. Only one car per caravan is permitted to park on the Caravan Park. No parking or driving on the grass is permitted. Cars are not permitted to be driven around the Resorts internal roads. All drivers must adhere to the Resorts 5 mph speed limit. Entry and exit to the Resort and Lakeside Caravan Park can only be made through East Entrance. No vehicle larger than a people carrier can be parked on the parking areas on Lakeside Caravan Park. Drinking and driving will not be tolerated and any offenders will be reported to the Police. No vehicle can be used for additional or alternative sleeping accommodation. No tents allowed. All vehicles are parked on Resort are at the owner’s risk.
3. No animals may occupy our Caravans.
4. Occupancy. Butlins Skyline Ltd operates a rating system for its holiday breaks of a U rating and an 18 rating. A U rating is for families only and single sex group bookings are not permitted. An 18 rating is an adult only break. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in any entertainment or leisure venue on these breaks. Groups of persons staying in privately owned caravans shall not exceed the berthage of the caravan. Hen/stag parties are discouraged. All caravan lettings for any break that includes under-18s should include a responsible adult who is at least 25 years of age.
5. Bookings taken for Major Public Holiday Periods. Please note that all bookings taken for break’s commencing between 9th December and 31st december and other major public and bank holiday periods are subject the maximum berthage of the caravan. Members of the same family and/or friends who are previously know to each other or travelling together, or resdie at the same address will be considered as a group for the purposes of these terms,irrespective of whether separate bookings have been made, If you or your guests fail to provide this information, we reserve the right to terminate the contract without recompense. Butlins reserves the right to terminate the contract of any guests found to be in breach of this requirement without notice, and would require guests to leave the Resort and Butlins will not be liable for any recompense to the owners or guests. All adults booked during the above period must appear on the Electoral Roll at the address given on the Private Sub-letter Booking Form.
6. Ball games are not permitted between caravans. Please use the allocated areas only.
7. Please do not litter the park. Bin areas are provided and should be used for all refuse and re-cycling etc.
8. Minor alterations such as the withdrawal of certain amenities, facilities, activities and entertainment may be made by Butlins for reasons beyond its control without any obligation or liability.
9. Behaviour: Please show considerations to other guests and Butlins team members at all times and treat the facilities with respect. Offensive or illegal behaviour and excessive noise will not be tolerated. If guests fail to comply with these rules, their contract may be terminated and they and their party will be asked to leave the Resort immediately (without refunds). Contracts will also be terminated if Butlins has a reasonable suspicion that any guest has committed or intends to commit, an offence.
10. We need to know the names and addresses of all members of your party. This is a legal requirement to allow access to Butlins entertainment venues and use of the range of activities and facilities whilst on your break. Only the guests listed on the Private Subletting Form may occupy the caravan. If any other person/persons are found in occupation, Butlins will terminate the contract and the guests and unauthorised persons will be asked to leave the Resort immediately. (without refunds).
11. Electrical appliances: Guests are advised not to bring electrical appliances to the Resort. However, if guests do so, they use equipment at their own risk.
12. Necessary co-operation: Butlins reserves the right to require any guest to be interviewed by us, on Butlins premises to enable us to look into instances of damage or nuisance to Butlins property or guests. Any person who refuses to comply, without a reasonable excuse, will be treated as having terminated their contract. They and their party will be asked to leave immediately.
13. Weather: The availability of some outside facilities and entertainment may be affected by adverse weather conditions.
14. TV Filming: Due to the popularity of Butlins, we get requests from TV or other companies to film/photograph on Resort, many of which we accommodate. We also take our own Butlins promotional photographs and films on the Resort throughout the year.
Please be aware that photographic shoots and/or filming may be in progress during your holiday and ensure that you are aware of the
positioning of cameras at all times. We will not accept responsibility if contrary to your wishes, you appear on film or in photographs.
15. Children: Children aged 8-years and under may not be left alone without full adult supervision. All services/facilities for children over 5 years are not childcare facilities. Whilst every care is taken, children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times (as they do in all the facilities listed in the Butlins brochure). At least one adult must occupy each unit of accommodation.
16. Damage to our property: Please treat the Resort with care and respect. You will be held responsible for any damage caused during your stay.
17. Health & Safety: For the safety and well-being of all guests, not all facilities are available to everyone and height restrictions do apply on all our rides and activities.
Splash Waterworks: In Splash Waterworks, all non-swimmers under 14 years and children aged 8 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Only competent swimmers may use certain flume rides. Please be aware that loose items including goggles cannot be worn on the flumes.
Funfair: Restrictions and additional charges may apply on certain funfair rides and other facilities. To meet certification requirements and maintain our ongoing improvement policy, all our funfair rides are regularly inspected and maintained by specialist engineers. They may be closed at certain times for work to be carried out. Please check with the Resort. Rides are subjected to weather conditions.
Contagious Disease: Should Butlins become aware, or have reasonable grounds for suspicion, that a guest has contracted a contagious disease that has the potential to infect a large number of people quickly, they and their immediate party will be required to leave the Resort. If this is not possible, then restrictions will be placed upon their permitted activities and movements in order to prevent the disease being transmitted to other guests. We are unable to offer any refunds in such circumstances and strongly recommend that guests obtain suitable holiday insurance prior to travel to cover any such eventuality.
Open Water Policy: Butlins operates an open water policy whereby all children must be supervised by an adult at all times around open water and under no circumstances go swimming in lakes, ponds or moats.
18. Proof of age may be asked for when buying alcohol on the Resort. Accepted forms of ID are a photographic driver’s licence or a passport.
19. Throughout the year certain performances in venues may be ticketed to control the capacity going into the venue. On arrival at the Resort you should check with Guest Services if there are any ticketed events during your holiday. On Arena Breaks the main event will be ticketed and a charge will be levied.
20. All deposits are strictly non refundable
We value your privacy, therefore this statement outlines our practices in relation to the collection and use of the information about you which is provided to us by either your visit to our website, or by the submission of your details to us. This policy has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal data is collected?
Personal data is any information which may be identifiable to a specific individual. The personal data collected from users may include:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
No sensitive data such as health, religion or ethnic background is collected or disclosed by us and the website is not intended for use by minors.
How do we collect personal data?
Visitors provide information solely through bookings or enquiries made through the site, which include name and email address and contact telephone number. Email enquiries are held on record for a maximum two year period and can be removed on request in compliance with GDPR.
Technical tracking and Cookies:
When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the intranet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including clickstream to, through and from our site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page.
We are also working closely with third party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
How is your personal data used?
The use of personal data is limited to providing the information and services requested or purchased from us and to send correspondence in relation to services provided.
We may want to contact you via email to advise on new products or services but we rely on your consent to receive correspondence in relation to products and services. You have the option to unsubscribe from email correspondence.
How is personal data shared?
We will never freely distribute or sell personal data without it being made clear to our guests.
Security and retention of personal data
The security of data is treated very seriously by us and measures are in place to ensure personal data is not exposed and protected from unauthorised access. Users are also responsible in ensuring any sensitive data, such as usernames and passwords, are held safe and securely, remain private and are not shared with anyone.
Data shall only be retained for as long as necessary, which will vary depending on the type of data. Certain financial data will need to kept for a number of years to meet various financial and legal tax obligations, other data may be necessary for customer service reasons and reference. Any data not deemed essential to the running of the site or deemed past an appropriate length of time will be deleted and removed as an example, past enquiry records will not exceed a two year time frame prior to removal.
Your personal rights and how to contact us
There are a number of rights the law provides in relation to your personal data:
- You can ask for your personal data not to be used for direct marketing purposes
- You can request how and what way the data we hold on you is processed
- You can ask us to amend and update any inaccurate data
- You can request personal data to be erased (where there is no requirement for us to keep processing it)
- You can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of any data if you feel we do not have any reason to continue using it and there is no good reason for us to not to continue processing it.